Accidents in the workplace can have a devastating impact on people, emotionally, physically and financially. Some common causes of accidents at work include:
- Unsafe Work Equipment
- Slipping or Tripping
- Fall from Heights
- Manual Handling
- Negligence of another employee
- Exposure to Chemicals and noise
Every employer has a legal duty to ensure they maintain certain health and safety standards in order to minimise the risk of workplace accidents. All employers must:
- Carry out regular risk assessments in order to identify any unsafe working practices and then correct them
- Provide proper work equipment for the job and check this is being correctly used / maintained
- Ensure the workplace is free from any tripping or slipping hazards
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge
- Provide adequate training and supervision for employees to ensure they are able to carry out their job safely
If you have suffered injuries due to a workplace accident which wasn’t your fault you are entitled to claim compensation for pain and suffering together with out of pocket expenses. You may be off work and losing earnings or incurring medical costs for treatment such as physiotherapy. We can help recover these losses on your behalf.
You should not worry about making a claim against your employer as they are not allowed to dismiss you or treat you unfairly for doing so. Your employer is also required by law to have insurance to cover these type of situations so it will be their insurer who pays your compensation and not them.